Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a new supplement brand to check out, I highly suggest Promix. They make a variety of protein products that range from bars, to powders, to unorthodox snacks. I’ve tried several of their products throughout the years, and I must say that this is a quality company. The remainder of this article will be a buying guide that discusses the best items from this company. I will also include a Promix whey protein review because this is their most popular product.
My #1 Recommendation
The most popular product by this company is without a doubt the whey protein. If you’re looking to cut straight to the chase, this is a safe blind-buy. You cannot go wrong with the Raw Chocolate Grass-Fed option.
This product is available online and in-stores at most major retailers. Because of the quality of the protein, it’s often a little bit more expensive than competitors.
Vegan Protein + B12
If you’re one of the many people who recently made the switch to a plant-based diet, then this product is for you. Although a little bit more expensive than the whey, this is probably one of the best plant-based proteins you can get for your money.
- Completely vegan and vegetarian friendly
- Packed with 25 grams of protein and 5.3 grams of amino acids per scoop
- Low-fat and sugar content
- Composed of all-natural ingredients. There’s no fillers or artificial sweeteners.
- Loaded with Vitamin B12 which is crucial if you’re on a plant-based diet. This vitamin helps you maintain good energy levels throughout the day.
- For a five pound tub of protein, this product is more expensive than most competitors, or even the whey from this brand.
- If you’re a fan of flavored proteins, then this one’s not for you. This is completely unflavored.
- The texture and taste of this powder may throw you off if you’re used to drinking milk based proteins. Rest assured, it’s not that bad.
Chocolate Protein Puffs
These are great and probably a product you’ve never heard of. Promix chocolate protein puffs are a game changer if you’re tired of drinking protein shakes. You can eat these puffs like a cereal, with your yogurt, or as is.
- These are great to add to your yogurt, oatmeal, or cereal for some extra protein. You can see how well the puffs mix by looking at the picture below.
- A low-calorie food option with 10 grams of protein and 50 calories per serving!
- They taste great, especially with yogurt or as a cereal.
- These are great to take as a snack if you’re meal prepping.
- You will get more servings and more protein per serving if you opt for a powder instead of these puffs.
- If you’re looking for this item in stores, you may have a hard time finding it. It’s more widely available online
Vanilla Bean Puff Bars
One of my personal favorite options from Promix (and in my opinion the best tasting) is the vanilla bean puff bars. These are just as unorthodox as the puff balls – they are definitely not your typical protein bar. Unlike most bars, these are made with whey protein isolate, so they are a step above in terms of quality.
- 15 grams of protein is slightly above average for a protein bar
- Made with egg whites – this is all natural grass fed protein.
- Low-carb and low sugar.
- Fantastic all-around taste – you’re going to want to eat several of these.
- These are quite pricey for a box of 12, especially when compared to buying a tub of protein.
- The fats in these protein bars come from coconut oil. This means there’s quite a bit of saturated fat in this product.
Promix Whey Protein Review
Of course, I can’t forget about the most popular product from this company. Promix Whey Protein is an effective, quality product which is proven by the countless reviews. There are several flavors, but the most regarded is the Raw Chocolate. Although 5 pounds of this protein is a little more expensive than competitors, Promix does not slack in the quality department.
- 25 grams of protein and 5.9 grams of BCAAs per scoop
- Low fat and sugar content
- All the ingredients are certified organic and GMO-free.
- No artificial additives or sweeteners. The flavor is a result organic cane sugar and grass-fed whey protein.
- As I mentioned previously, you might find this product expensive compared to related products.
- There are 8 grams of carbs per scoop which is higher than competing brands. A majority of this comes from the organic cane sugar.
Company Pros and Cons
Considering that this article features a variety of different products, I figured I would give an overview of the company itself. Promix Nutrition was founded in 2011 to help serve USA Olympic track and field athletes. Since then, the company has become quite popular, mainly for their grass-fed whey protein.
- All of their supplements, regardless of the purpose, are organic and GMO-free. Their ingredients come several farms throughout North America, and these farms are held to a very high standard.
- The company has an exercise physiologist and registered dietician on staff to help with designing supplements.
- All of their products are manufactured in the United States in a cGMP compliant facility.
- In terms of professionalism and overall quality, this company ranks very high.
- They have a beautifully designed website with a protein calculator and a children’s section.
- Quality comes at a price. Expect to pay more than you normally would for some supplements.
- Promix is not the most popular brand in the world. Although there are several stores that carry the brand, you’re better off buying online.
- Not all, but some of their supplements are higher in calories, carbs, and fat content than competitors. This is nothing to worry about unless you need keto-diet compliant supplements.
After doing as much research as possible, I can confidently say this is a quality company. They have a good reputation on major online retailers and this is because their products are effective.
Overall, if you’re looking for a new supplement brand to check out, I would recommend Promix Nutrition. Their broad range of all natural products will satisfy all your needs, and rest assured their flavors are delicious. Although some of their supplements are a little on the pricier side, all of the ingredients are organic and GMO-free. The same cannot be said about many other big companies.
The founder’s initial reason for starting the brand was to help elite athletes. As mentioned in my Promix whey protein review, the USA Track & Field Olympic team was quite fond of this company. Think about it, professional athletes only put the best quality supplements in their body. Why wouldn’t you do the same?
Although I try to keep my reviews and buying guides as unbiased as possible, I really like this company. They offer something for everyone, and you don’t have to worry about being scammed. For me, this is a safe blind buy, and one that I’d make time and time again.