Nothing is worse than taking a supplement with a bunch of artificial ingredients. If you care about what you’re putting in your body, then I encourage you to read this Biotrust Low Carb review. Biotrust Nutrition is a company that never compromises on quality, and their protein is a prime example of this.
No one wants to put junk in their bodies. Luckily, all Biotrust products are free of hormones, antibiotics, and artificial ingredients. All of their products are third-party tested and manufactured in GMP-compliant settings.
You can check out an image and key features below if you’re trying to save some time. Continue reading the rest of this article for a detailed review with pros and cons.
Biotrust offers 6 amazing flavors while remaining soy and gluten free. The four-protein blend ensures you’re satisfied for hours.
6 Different Flavors
All natural ingredients
24 g of Protein
7 g Carbs
Soy & Gluten Free
Protein flavors have certainly evolved over the years, and we should all be here for it. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like the standard chocolate or vanilla whey protein flavors, then Biotrust has you covered. At first glance, some of their flavors are unique and might leave you skeptical, but I can assure you the quality is outstanding.
1) Vanilla Cream – Vanilla seems to be the fan favorite, and this is no surprise because it’s been a staple whey flavor for years. If you’re hesitant to try some of the more unique flavors, you can’t go wrong with classic Vanilla.
2) Milk Chocolate – This is the company’s take on a basic chocolate flavor. A lot of companies are hit or miss when it comes to chocolate, but this one is delicious and doesn’t leave a bad after taste.
3) Cafe Mocha – Where are my coffee lovers at? This one’s for you! Cafe Mocha is a very pleasant flavor, and it’s even better when paired with coffee itself. There’s a good balance of coffee and mocha notes in this powder, and it’s certainly a flavor you don’t see everyday.
4) Peach Mango – It’s crazy to see such unique protein flavors, but it’s even crazier when they’re done correctly! BioTrust Peach Mango protein has a creamy fruit flavor that makes it perfect for smoothies and shakes.
5) Chocolate Peanut Butter – This is another flavor that a lot of companies struggle to master. Imagine a Reese’s cup or a Butterfinger, and that’s similar to what this taste like. To me, this flavor is better when paired with a milk variation instead of water, but it’s good nonetheless.
6) Strawberry Banana – Probably my favorite of the unique flavor options. Strawberry Banana is similar to Peach Mango in the sense that it’s great to use in fruit smoothies or shakes. There is a nice balance between strawberry and banana, and this flavor is regarded for being very refreshing.
BioTrust makes quality, all-natural protein powder, but nothing is truly ground-breaking in terms of the nutrition facts. There are 24g of protein per serving, which is pretty standard, and there’s a noticeable amount of carbs and fats. You can take a look at the nutrition label below to get a better idea.
Keep in mind that one serving is equal to two scoops instead of one. I will talk more about this later, but it’s worth noting. Despite this, the macros for this protein are still slightly above average.
Taking a look at the ingredients, the first thing we see is micellar casein, followed by whey protein isolate. This means that the main ingredients in BioTrust Low Carb are a fast and a slow digesting protein. Following this, there are other protein components, natural sweeteners, and salt.
Everything checks out in terms of the ingredients. All in all, this is a fairly standard protein blend with additional natural compounds added. It’s always nice to see a product with no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or hormones.
Pros and Cons
The main goal is to keep this BioTrust Low Carb review unbiased, and that means discussing the good and the bad. There’s no such thing as the perfect supplement, and this is especially true for something like protein. Nonetheless, it seems like the pros outweigh the cons for this low-carb protein powder.
- All BioTrust products are naturally honest, according to their slogan. This implies that there are no artificial additives or hormones.
- There are several flavors and all of them are above average in terms of taste.
- In addition to having 24g of protein per serving, there are also 3g of fiber per serving which will aid in digestion and general well-being.
- There is only 1g of sugar per serving, and it’s not added sugar.
- BioTrust is soy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and antibiotic-free.
- Is it actually a low-carb product? Not really, if you ask me. There are 7g of carbohydrates per serving, and ideally a low-carb protein should contain between 0-2 grams of carbs. This makes the product rather misleading because it has “low carb” in its name.
- One serving is equal to 2 scoops of protein, and this positively correlates to it having only 14 servings in a container.
- There are several comparable brands with a better cost per serving.
- You will have to use more water or milk to thoroughly mix 2 scoops of protein.
It seems that this protein is most appealing to people who care about quality manufacturing, but are not obsessed with macronutrients. If you are willing to cough-up a few extra dollars for less servings of a quality protein, then this is for you.
Overall, BioTrust Low Carb is a quality protein powder with few downsides. The macronutrient profile is average, but I recommend this product if you’re looking for protein with no added junk. There are 6 great flavors to choose from, and they all mix surprisingly well with water and milk.
Yes, there are other proteins with less carbs and fats per serving than BioTrust. There are also products that provide more protein per scoop at a better cost basis. Rest assured, however, that you’re paying a premium to give your body the high quality ingredients it deserves.